This year 5 MMSD schools [3 Elementary and 2 Middle] will have the opportunity to build their school garden programs.
Participating schools will receive support to establish a school-based leadership team to:
(1) integrate the garden into core learning subjects,
(2) build community engagement in the garden, and
(3) build new or enhance existing gardens to serve as a school and community space for
Support will include:
* Extended employment to participating teachers.
* Facilitation of a garden design gathering, support in community engagement,
and installation / enhancement of the garden.
* Substantial technical and material assistance ($8,000 value) for the
garden build/expansion and coordination of the Build event
* Email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your intent to apply by
* Start putting together your leadership team right away as you will
need to work together to complete the application
* Attend an optional grant Information Session:
Monday, September 17th or
Tuesday, September 18th
from 4:00-5:00 p.m. in Room 100A, Doyle Administration Building
* Complete the application and submit a hard copy to Lisa Wachtel, Room 125,
Doyle Administration Building AND email the application to email@example.com
by 5:00pm on October 5th, 2012.
DOWNLOAD: GROW Schools Application 2012-13
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS OCTOBER 5, 2012.